STEVE LAI is a primary French teacher at Richmond Christian School in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, and author of teachingwithipad.org.
In this interview, Steve talks about Apple’s new iPad for Education and what it means for educators. He also shares some great edtech tools, strategies, and encouragement for teachers looking to grow, and gives us his recommendations for books, podcasts, Netflix, and more.
In this episode, Steve discusses …
- 1:11 – his current teaching situation
- 1:53 – a challenging experience early in his career
- 4:31 – what excites him about education today
- 8:50 – a simple habit that works well in the classroom
- 10:47 – his favourite edtech tools at the moment
- 15:24 – a book recommendation (Sketchnote for Educators, by Sylvia Duckworth)
- 16:52 – a podcast recommendation (After Buzz TV)
- 18:14 – what he might do if he wasn’t teaching
- 19:27 – a Netflix recommendation (The Layover)
Song Track Credits
- Intro: Relax (by Simon More)
- Outtro: Starley – Call on Me Remix (by DJ Zhorik)
LISTEN to this episode on YouTube and SUBSCRIBE for more episodes!