In this edition of the Roundtable, host Tim Cavey connects with six inspiring educational technology podcasters to discuss the best learning apps and tools of 2020. In this year of unprecedented challenges, which companies and innovators stepped up to support learning?
Questions That Guided Our Discussion
- 1:21 – Who are you and what is your current context in education? Tell us about your podcast.
- 7:23 – This year forced educators to pivot our practice more dramatically than ever before. What was one edtech tool that impressed you in terms of how it supported learning?
- 20:17 – What do you think is the single most underrated edtech tool right now? Explain why.
- 33:02 – What is one piece of technology that you’re hoping to learn more about in 2021?
- 42:36 – What have you got coming up next on your podcast?
- 51:17 – How can we connect with you?
Learning Tools That Stepped Up to Support Learning in 2020
- Scott Nunes: Google Slides + MS PowerPoint
- Chris Nesi: Brightful Meeting Games
- Jake Miller: PearDeck
- Gabriel Carillo: Flipgrid + Nearpod
- Eric Guise: Mote
- Alfonso Mendoza: Kami
Panelists Pick the Most Underrated Tools of 2020
- Alfonso Mendoza: IORad
- Scott Nunes: Phrase Express
- Chris Nesi: Loom
- Jake Miller: Book Creator
- Gabriel Carillo: Canva
- Alfonso Mendoza: WeVideo
Follow These Educational Technology Podcasters on Twitter
- 🔥 Eric Guise @WeGotTechEd
- 🔥 Chris Nesi @HouseOfEdTech
- 🔥 Gabriel Carillo @EdTechBites
- 🔥 Scott Nunes @TNTEdTech
- 🔥 Alfonso Mendoza @MyEdTechLife
- 🔥 Jake Miller @JakeMillerTech
Listen to the EdTech Podcasts Hosted by the Panelists
- GotTeched (Eric Guise + Nick Anderson)
- House of EdTech (Chris Nesi)
- EdTech Bites (Gabriel Carillo)
- TNT EdTech (Scott Nunes + Matthew Ketchum)
- My EdTech Life (Alfonso Mendoza)
- Edu Duct Tape (Jake Miller)
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time/11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!
Connect with the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Social Media
- On Twitter @TeachersOnFire
- On Instagram @TeachersOnFire
- On Facebook @TeachersOnFire
- On LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/TimWCavey
- On Medium on The Teachers on Fire Magazine
- On YouTube @TeachersOnFire