LISTEN to this episode on iTunes and SUBSCRIBE to the podcast!
In our third episode of the Teachers on Fire podcast, we chat with Simon Murti, middle school teacher at Bayridge Elementary School in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.
In this interview, Simon shares openly about a discouraging experience that he faced early in his teaching career – and how he overcame it. He also tells us what excites him about the new BC curriculum and where he goes to get a good laugh at the end of the day.
Follow Simon’s regular adventures from the classroom on Instagram (his preferred platform) @thesmurtiteacher and on Twitter @SmurtiTeacher.
In this episode:
- 1:13 – his current teaching situation
- 1:50 – a low moment in his career
- 7:43 – a passion in education
- 10:33 – other career interests
- 11:53 – a personal habit that works
- 15:25 – an edtech tool recommendation
- 18:20 – a Youtube channel recommendation
- 19:59 – a Netflix recommendation
Song Track Credits
- Intro: Relax (by Simon More)
- Outtro: Starley – Call on Me Remix (by DJ Zhorik)
LISTEN to this episode on YouTube and SUBSCRIBE for more episodes!