LISTEN to this episode on iTunes and SUBSCRIBE to the podcast!
In this episode of the Teachers on Fire podcast we speak with Maria Thompson. Maria is a middle school teacher at Snow Hill Middle School in Snow Hill, Maryland.
Maria is an expert in Summit Learning, a program that personalizes learning and supports students while they direct the focus of their own studies. She has great insights to share that fit nicely within the models of project-based and inquiry-based learning that many educators are seeking to move towards. Maria also offers some helpful recommendations for a Twitter account to follow, a book to read, a YouTube channel to subscribe to, and more.
Follow Maria on Twitter @MThompsonSHMS.
In this episode, Maria discusses …
- 1:21 – her current teaching situation
- 2:16 – her most challenging year of teaching, and what she took from it
- 5:45 – why she’s passionate about Summit Learning
- 16:23 – another area of personal learning
- 17:24 – a personal habit that contributes to her success
- 18:26 – an account to follow on Twitter: @SteeleThoughts
- 19:08 – an edtech tool to use in the classroom: NaturalReaders.com
- 19:51 – a book recommendation: Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow, by Karen Casey
- 21:33 – a podcast recommendation: Summit Sparks
- 22:28 – a YouTube channel recommendation for the classroom: Mr. Zoller
- 23:24 – what she’s watching on Netflix right now: Flint Town
Song Track Credits
- Intro: Relax (by Simon More)
- Outtro: Starley – Call on Me Remix (by DJ Zhorik)
LISTEN to this episode on YouTube and SUBSCRIBE for more episodes!