In this edition of the Roundtable, host Tim Cavey connects with three recent authors to discuss their books, best practices on the path to publishing, and their goals for 2021.
Questions That Guided Our Discussion
- 1:07 – Who are you and what is your current context in education? Please introduce yourself.
- 3:22 – Tell us about your book: why did you write it, who is it for, and what do you hope readers to take away from it?
- 14:22 – What is your advice to the educator who feels that they have a story inside them but aren’t sure how or where to get started?
- 17:46 – Talk about the writing and publishing journey. What are some pieces of advice you could share with would-be writers in education?
- 33:16 – How much content do I have to have written before a publisher will agree to work with me?
- 39:29 – Look back to the beginning of your writing and publishing journeys. What choices or moves do you regret now that you might do differently if given the chance?
- 43:17 – What’s next for you? What are your content creation goals for 2021?
- 49:21 – Are you a OneWord kind of person? If so, tell us about your #OneWord2021.
- 51:50 – How can we connect with you and your work?
Follow These Authors on Twitter and Check Out Their Books
- 🔥 Jillian Du Bois @JillDuBois22: author of Liv’s Seashells: What Makes Us Unique Makes Us Extraordinary
- 🔥 Rachelle Dene Poth @RDene915: author of True Story: Lessons That One Kid Taught Us
- 🔥 David Frangiosa @DavidFrangiosa: author of Going Gradeless, Grades 6-12: Shifting the Focus to Student Learning
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time/11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!
Connect with the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Social Media
- On Twitter @TeachersOnFire
- On Instagram @TeachersOnFire
- On Facebook @TeachersOnFire
- On LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/TimWCavey
- On Medium on The Teachers on Fire Magazine
- On YouTube @TeachersOnFire