In our fourth episode of the Teachers on Fire podcast, we chat with Adam Stefiuk, high school teacher and acting vice principal at the Energetic Learning Campus, part of the North Peace Secondary School in Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada.
In this interview, Adam shares his solution to the challenges he faced with classroom management early in his career. He also tells us what excites him about the new BC curriculum and gives us some great recommendations for edtech tools, books, YouTube channels, and more.
Follow Adam on Twitter at @Adam6foot6.
In this episode, Adam discusses …
- 1:07 – his current teaching situation
- 2:30 – a challenging moment in his teaching career
- 5:12 – a passion in education
- 6:47 – a Twitter recommendation
- 8:40 – more about his unique school environment: the Energetic Learning Campus
- 12:12 – If he wasn’t an educator …
- 13:40 – a key to his personal success
- 14:41 – a favourite edtech tool
- 17:02 – a book recommendation
- 18:46 – a favourite YouTube channel
- 19:54 – what he’s watching on Netflix
Song Track Credits
- Intro: Relax (by Simon More)
- Outtro: Starley – Call on Me Remix (by DJ Zhorik)
LISTEN to this episode on YouTube and SUBSCRIBE for more episodes!