In our sixth episode of the Teachers on Fire podcast, we chat with Clayton Mollica, high school teacher at Fort Nelson Secondary School in Fort Nelson, British Columbia, Canada.
In this interview, Clayton talks about challenges and opportunities he sees in education, passions and interests that he enjoys outside of the classroom, and the rituals that make his mornings work. He also gives us great recommendations for books, Twitter, YouTube, and more.
Follow Clayton on Twitter at @MollicaEDU.
In this episode, Clayton discusses …
- 1:02 – his current teaching situation
- 1:45 – a challenge he’s facing in his practice
- 3:50 – what fuels his passion for education today
- 4:52 – a Twitter recommendation: @DaveStuartJr
- 6:35 – passions and interests outside of education
- 7:57 – morning rituals that work
- 9:52 – an EdTech tool that he’s looking to optimize
- 11:25 – his favourite podcasts: Writers & Company
- 12:55 – book recommendation: Teacher Man
- 14:26 – his favourite YouTube channels: Stephen Colbert, TED-Ed
- 15:41 – his Netflix picks
Song Track Credits
- Intro: Relax (by Simon More)
- Outtro: Starley – Call on Me Remix (by DJ Zhorik)
LISTEN to this episode on YouTube and SUBSCRIBE for more episodes!