In our ninth episode of the Teachers on Fire podcast, we chat with Jade Ingels, middle school classroom and PE teacher at St. Theresa School in Wabasca, Alberta, Canada.
In this interview, Jade talks about a significant behaviour challenge she faced in the classroom as a first-year teacher and shares the keys to building a positive classroom culture. She also tells us why she’s passionate about project-based learning and offers some solid recommendations for books, edtech tools, YouTube channels, and more.
If you’ve got a comment or question for Jade, you can connect with her by email at email@example.com.
In this episode, Jade discusses …
- 0:50 – her current teaching context
- 4:52 – a challenge she faced with an ODD student in her first year of teaching
- 12:12 – what ignites her passion for education: project-based learning
- 15:45 – an area of learning that she enjoys outside of education
- 18:12 – personal habits that contribute to her success
- 21:26 – edtech tool recommendations (using her phone strategically, Black Gold Regional Schools resources, Prodigy, Spelling City)
- 23:37 – book recommendations (Words Their Way and The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Maria Kondo)
- 25:37 – podcast recommendations (The Dave Ramsey Show, The Tim Ferriss Show)
- 26:04 – a YouTube channel recommendation (The Lettered Classroom)
- 27:09 – her go-to show on Netflix (The Office)
Song Track Credits
- Intro: Relax (by Simon More)
- Outtro: Starley – Call on Me Remix (by DJ Zhorik)
LISTEN to this episode on YouTube and SUBSCRIBE for more episodes!