JADE INGELS is a middle school classroom and PE teacher at St. Theresa School in Wabasca, Alberta, Canada.
In this interview, Jade talks about a significant behaviour challenge she faced in the classroom as a first-year teacher and shares the keys to building a positive classroom culture. She also tells us why she’s passionate about project-based learning and offers some solid recommendations for books, edtech tools, YouTube channels, and more.
If you’ve got a comment or question for Jade, you can connect with her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this episode, Jade discusses …
- 0:50 – her current teaching context
- 4:52 – a challenge she faced with an ODD student in her first year of teaching
- 12:12 – what ignites her passion for education: project-based learning
- 15:45 – an area of learning that she enjoys outside of education
- 18:12 – personal habits that contribute to her success
- 21:26 – edtech tool recommendations (using her phone strategically, Black Gold Regional Schools resources, Prodigy, Spelling City)
- 23:37 – book recommendations (Words Their Way and The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Maria Kondo)
- 25:37 – podcast recommendations (The Dave Ramsey Show, The Tim Ferriss Show)
- 26:04 – a YouTube channel recommendation (The Lettered Classroom)
- 27:09 – her go-to show on Netflix (The Office)
Song Track Credits
- Intro: Relax (by Simon More)
- Outtro: Starley – Call on Me Remix (by DJ Zhorik)
LISTEN to this episode on YouTube and SUBSCRIBE for more episodes!