LISTEN to this episode on iTunes and SUBSCRIBE to the podcast!
In this episode of the Teachers on Fire podcast we speak with Gallit Zvi. Gallit is currently a principal intern in Surrey, BC, Canada, and a co-author of The Genius Hour Guidebook.
In this conversation Gallit describes how she overcame the challenges of transitioning into a new grade level earlier in her teaching career. She talks about the things that really ignite her passion in education today, including the magic of Genius Hour and how it supports the shift toward inquiry-based learning. Gallit also shares about an area of interest outside of education and gives us some great recommendations for Twitter personalities to follow, a book to read, a funny YouTube channel to subscribe to, and more.
Follow Gallit on Twitter @Gallit_Z and check out her blog at GallitZvi.com.
In this episode, Gallit discusses …
- 0:49 – her current education situation
- 1:38 – how she navigated the challenge of transitioning to a new grade level
- 4:07 – her passions in education: new curriculum, inquiry, the 4 Cs, genius hour
- 6:08 – an area of interest and learning outside of education: travelling the world
- 7:13 – a habit that contributes to her success: learning, reading, researching
- 8:28 – amazing educators to follow on Twitter: Denise Krebs, Joy Kirr, and Hugh MacDonald
- 9:25 – her edtech tool recommendations: iMovie, Explain Everything, Puppet Pals
- 10:12 – a book recommendation: Drive by Daniel Pink
- 10:50 – a fun YouTube channel to subscribe to: Simon’s Cat
- 11:32 – what she’s watching on Netflix right now: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
- 12:09 – the best way to follow her: @Gallit_Z
Song Track Credits
Intro: Relax (by Simon More)
Outtro: Starley – Call on Me Remix (by DJ Zhorik)
LISTEN to this episode on YouTube and SUBSCRIBE for more episodes!