In this edition of the Teachers on Fire Roundtable, I chat with three of the four members of the Human Restoration Project team: Nick Covington, Chris McNutt, and Thomas White.
Questions That Guided Our Discussion
- 1:12 – Who are you and what is your current context in education?
- 3:10 – What is the history of Human Restoration Project? Where did it begin, and what is your mission and vision?
- 4:54 – What are some of the systems and mindsets that need to change in education today?
- 5:33 – How does your work express itself?
- 8:03 – Where else does Human Restoration Project show up online?
- 10:37 – What is your vision for assessment, and what does it have to do with restoring humanity to education?
- 16:28 – How have traditional assessment models suppressed humanity?
- 18:28 – If we remove grades from assessment, won’t students lose their motivation to learn?
- 21:26 – In what kind of education system would students not want to cheat, where they are actually interested in their own learning and growth?
- 24:58 – From viewer Sybil Priebe: What do you say to those teachers who martyr themselves with all the grading they take on?
- 35:29 – How can we restore humanity to education in the distance/hybrid learning spaces?
- 44:01 – How are you finding self-care during these times of stress and uncertainty?
- 50:10 – What are the best ways to connect with you and your learning?
Guests Featured in This Roundtable
- Nick Covington @CovingtonAHS (Creative Director)
- Thomas White @ThomasBenWhite (Executive Director)
- Chris McNutt @McNuttGISA (Development Director)
Looking to learn more? Visit the Human Restoration Project.
Thanks to These Audience Members for Adding to Our Discussion
- Shannon Schinkel @DramaQueenBRC
- Stephanie Edmonds @ClassDisrupti0n
- Mark Horner @THSMr_Horner
- Chris Butts @CButts9980
- Sybil Priebe
- Andrew Cavey
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time/11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!