In this edition of the Roundtable, I joined Darren Spyskma, Brenda Ball, and Tom Williams to discuss changing assessment practices, the power of professional learning networks, recent wins for our learning communities, and self-care strategies. This is our conversation.
Questions That Guided Our Discussion
- 1:30 – Who are you, and what is your current context in education?
- 3:30 – What are your thoughts on assessment practices in K-12 education today? What, in your view, needs to change?
- 13:06 – Despite the challenges of education in a pandemic, what is one win for learning that you are seeing right now?
- 21:13 – Why is it more important than ever to be a connected educator?
- 32:08 – How are you finding self-care during times of stress and uncertainty?
Thanks to the Guests Featured in This Roundtable
- Darren Spyksma @DSpyksma
- Brenda Ball @MisssBall
- Tom Williams @TDWilliams90
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time/11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!
Connect with the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Social Media
- On Twitter@TeachersOnFire
- On Instagram@TeachersOnFire
- On Facebook @TeachersOnFire
- On LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/TimWCavey
- On Medium on The Teachers on Fire Magazine
- On YouTube @TeachersOnFire
Subscribe to the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Your Mobile Device
- On Apple Podcasts
- On Google Podcasts
- On Anchor
- On Spotify