Are you a Google educator? Do you learn and teach with Chromebooks or in a Google-based school?
Join host Tim Cavey and John Sowash from the Chromebook Classroom for the first edition of the Chromebook Classroom update, a monthly episode that explores the latest developments in the world of Google Chromebooks, Classroom, Chrome extensions, and cloud-based apps for learning.
In This Episode
- 4:09 – Google Meet is introducing the ability to add custom backgrounds.
- 6:53 – Native screen and video capturing is coming to Chromebooks soon!
- 13:36 – How to integrate YouTube clips with learning activities in Google Slides.
- 16:01 – How to use format options in Google Slides to define the start and end points for YouTube clips.
- 20:19 – How to use the ReClipped Chrome Extension to add notes and timestamps to YouTube clips that you don’t own.
- 28:09 – One by Wacom is the first Chromebook-compatible drawing tablet
Learn More from John Sowash
- 🔥 On Facebook @ChromebookClassroom
- 🔥 On YouTube @JRSowash
- 🔥 On Instagram @JRSowash
- 🔥 On Twitter @JRSowash
- 🔥 The Book: The Chromebook Classroom: How to deploy, manage and use Chromebooks in the K-12 classroom
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE on Saturdays
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Twitch at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time/11:00 a.m. Eastern Time each Saturday morning. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!
Connect with the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Social Media
- On Twitter @TeachersOnFire
- On Instagram @TeachersOnFire
- On Facebook @TeachersOnFire
- On LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/TimWCavey
- On Medium on The Teachers on Fire Magazine
- On YouTube @TeachersOnFire