In this edition of the Roundtable, host Tim Cavey connects with guests Kevin Van Lagen, Nikki Lavergne, Melody McAllister, Tammy G. Neil, and Dr. Casey T. Jakubowski to discuss the state of rural education today.
What are the WINS worthy of celebration in rural education? What are the biggest CHALLENGES that rural educators and learners face today? How is TECHNOLOGY changing the learning landscape? We get into all this and more in the course of this conversation.
Select any of the timestamps listed below to jump to specific portions of the discussion. ⬇️
Questions and Timestamps from This Conversation
- 0:54 – Who is Melody McAllister?
- 2:07 – Who is Tammy Neil?
- 2:55 – Who is Dr. Casey Jakubowski?
- 4:08 – Who is Nikki Lavergne?
- 4:43 – Who is Kevin Van Lagen?
- 5:25 – What are some of the best things about working in rural education? Let’s celebrate the WINS.
- 12:18 – What are some of the greatest CHALLENGES facing rural educators and learners today?
- 19:04 – Digital TECHNOLOGY apps and platforms have transformed K-12 learning in a very short number of years. What has been (and will continue to be) its impact on rural education?
- 28:20 – What are the technology apps and tools that have really been SAVIORS for education during the pandemic?
- 35:47 – What are some current PROJECTS or initiatives that you are excited to be recently finished or currently working on?
- 48:55 – How can we CONNECT with you and join your learning journey?
Connect with These Rural Education Leaders on Twitter
- Kevin Van Lagen @PrairiPrincipal
- Nikki Lavergne @LavergneNikki
- Melody McAllister @MJMcAlliwrites
- Tammy Neil @TG_Neil
- Dr. Casey Jakubowski @CaseyJ_EDU
Listen to the Audio-Only Podcast Episode on Spotify
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter at 8:00 a.m. Pacific/11:00 a.m. Eastern. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!
Connect with Teachers on Fire
- On Clubhouse @TeachersOnFire
- On Facebook at the Teachers on Fire Group
- On Instagram @TeachersOnFire
- On LinkedIn at Tim Cavey
- On Medium at the Teachers on Fire Magazine
- On TikTok @TeachersOnFire
- On Twitch at the Teachers on Fire channel
- On Twitter @TeachersOnFire
- On Voxer @TeachersOnFire
- On the Website – Home of Teachers on Fire
- On YouTube at the Teachers on Fire channel