In this edition of the Roundtable, I spoke with five active K-12 educators who are on different assessment journeys. Although we all agree on the fundamental principles of going gradeless, you will a richness of different perspectives and areas of focus throughout our discussion.
Use the timestamps below to jump directly to topics of interest.
- 0:50 – Guests introduce themselves and describe assessment in their educational contexts.
- 9:03 – How would you make the case for going gradeless?
- 24:23 – What are some of your best ideas, strategies, and tips for educators and education leaders seeking to move into a gradeless assessment model?
- 44:45 – The proficiency scale currently used in most K-7 schools in the Canadian province of British Columbia.
- 45:59 – What are some books and authors you recommend on the subject of going gradeless and formative assessment?
Guests Featured in the Roundtable:
- Katelynn Giordano @KNGiordano
- Jeffery Frieden @SurThriveEDU
- Deanna Lough @Hessteacherest
- Aaron Blackwelder @AaronSBlackwel1
- Abigail French @AWFrench1