On Saturday, October 31, 2020, I joined Alicia and Matt Rhoads, Alfonso Mendoza, and Taylor Armstrong to discuss best practices, tips, and strategies for effective Seesaw and Google Classroom integration. Here is our conversation.
Questions That Guided Our Discussion
- 1:24 – Who are you and what is your context in education right now?
- 4:19 – What is there to like about Google Classroom as a learning management system?
- 8:45 – How can students split their Chromebook screen to see Classroom and Seesaw side by side?
- 11:46 – What is there to like about Seesaw as a learning management system?
- 19:06 – How can we use Seesaw in 4th and 5th grade classrooms? (Alicia shares her screen.)
- 28:07 – Matt and Alicia, how did you each convince your partners of the value of the other platform? (Matt shares how he came to use Seesaw at the secondary level while Alicia share how she came to use Google Classroom at the 4th and 5th grade levels.)
- 30:53 – What other strategies or hacks would you share with teachers looking to integrate these two platforms strategically? (Alfonso says “Get clicky with it.”)
- 38:15 – Why and how can Seesaw be used effectively at the secondary level?
- 41:11 – How can intermediate and middle school teachers make the best use of Seesaw?
- 44:33 – How can we use Seesaw analytics to make sure every student is socially and emotionally supported?
- 46:55 – How many Seesaw activities should be pushed out to the Seesaw blog?
- 48:29 – How can viewers connect with you and continue to partner with you in their learning?
With Thanks to the Guests Featured in This Roundtable
- Alfredo Mendoza @TechTeacher1381
- Taylor Armstrong @Taylor_Does_It
- Matt Rhoads @MattRhoads1990
- Alicia Rhoads @Rhoads2Reading
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time/11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!
Connect with the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Social Media
- On Twitter@TeachersOnFire
- On Instagram@TeachersOnFire
- On Facebook @TeachersOnFire
- On LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/TimWCavey
- On Medium on The Teachers on Fire Magazine
- On YouTube @TeachersOnFire
Subscribe to the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Your Mobile Device
- On Apple Podcasts
- On Google Podcasts
- On Anchor
- On Spotify