In this edition of the Roundtable, host Tim Cavey connects with educators Bruce Reicher, Paula Neidlinger, and Erika Sandstrom to discuss media creation in schools. Why should we invest time and resources in media creation for students, and how can we get started?
About Our Guests
Bruce Reicher and Paula Neidlinger are two of the three co-authors of Scripted: An Educator’s Guide to Media in the Classroom, published in August 2020. Erika Sandstrom is the Green Screen Gal, a digital learning coach with a passion for media creation and social-emotional learning.
Questions That Guided Our Discussion
- 1:11 – Who are you and what does your current context in education look like?
- 5:29 – How do you use media creation to inspire your learners? What sorts of projects energize you?
- 12:44 – What sorts of wins or opportunities for learning do you see during the time of COVID?
- 20:45 – Why should school leaders be thinking about investing more in media creation resources?
- 32:58 – What would you suggest I do with the 20 x 20 foot media/multipurpose room in my school building?
- 43:15 – Who are some of the creative voices who inspire your learning in the area of media creation? (See full list with links below.)
- 51:16 – How can we connect with you?
Connect with Roundtable Guests on Twitter
- 🔥 Bruce Reicher @BReicher
- 🔥 Erika Sandstrom @GreenScreenGal
- 🔥 Paula Neidlinger @PNeid
Media Creation Resources from Roundtable Guests
- Scripted: An Educator’s Guide to Media in the Classroom by Paula Neidlinger, Bruce Reicher, and Randall Tomes
- Scripted – the website
- Scripted Radio
- Erika Sandstrom’s website
- Erika Sandstrom’s YouTube channel
- 10 Ways to Make a Green Screen Video on a Budget
Other Inspiring Media Creators Mentioned by the Panel
- Brad Montague on Twitter @TheBradMontague + YouTube channel
- Levent Erdogan on Twitter @MrErdoganEDU + YouTube channel
- Tricia Fuglestad on Twitter @FugleFun + YouTube channel
- Zach King on Twitter @ZachKing + YouTube channel
- Kim Mattina on Twitter @The_Tech_Lady + Youtube channel
- Don Goble on Twitter @DGoble2001 + YouTube channel
- Manny Curiel on Twitter @MannyDiscotech + YouTube channel
- George Capalbo on Twitter @GCapalbo + website
- Jennifer Leban on Twitter @MrsLeban + YouTube channel
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time/11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!
Connect with the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Social Media
- On Twitter @TeachersOnFire
- On Instagram @TeachersOnFire
- On Facebook @TeachersOnFire
- On LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/TimWCavey
- On Medium on The Teachers on Fire Magazine
- On YouTube @TeachersOnFire
Subscribe to the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Your Mobile Device
- On Apple Podcasts
- On Google Podcasts
- On Anchor
- On Spotify