Is self-care possible during a pandemic? Can we actually do better than aim for survival? In this edition of the Roundtable, Tim Cavey hosts a rich conversation around teacher wellness and self-care. Guests included Lindsay Titus, Dan Tricarico, and Dori Katsionis.
Questions That Guided Our Conversation
- 14:50 – What are some practical self-care strategies that you can share for that teacher who has zero margin and feels close to burnout?
- 15:19 – Dan Tricarico recommends the 5 Ss: Stillness, Silence, Space, Subtraction, and Slowing Down. These are always free and always available!
- 17:04 – Lindsay Titus talks about the mindset of self-care: it’s about defining what it looks like for YOU, your needs, and your identity. Lindsay points to the 4 As: Awareness (of self, environment), Acceptance (of where I’m at), Acknowledgment, and Action (move toward alignment).
- 24:01 – Dori Katsionis points toward the 3 Ms: Movement, Mindset, and Meditation. Getting outside is huge.
- 29:26 – Every yes requires a no. What are some things that pandemic educators can be saying NO to right now?
- 42:30 – Who are the voices and influences that inspire you in the areas of teacher wellness and self-care?
- 51:39 – What are the projects you are passionate about right now? How can we connect with you?
Connect with These Inspiring Educators on Instagram
- 🔥 Lindsay Titus @Lindsay.Titus28
- 🔥 Dan Tricarico @ZenTeacher
- 🔥 Dori Katsionis @The_Balanced_Teacher
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Twitch at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time/11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!
Connect with the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Social Media
- On Twitter @TeachersOnFire
- On Instagram @TeachersOnFire
- On Facebook @TeachersOnFire
- On LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/TimWCavey
- On Medium on The Teachers on Fire Magazine
- On Voxer @TeachersOnFire
- On YouTube @TeachersOnFire
Subscribe to the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Your Mobile Device
- On Apple Podcasts
- On Google Podcasts
- On Anchor
- On Spotify
2 thoughts on “Teacher Wellness and Self-Care: How to Avoid Burnout and Rekindle Your Fire”
I’d love to introduce you to Julie Wilson, founder of The Institute for the Future of Learning. She’s a trail blazer and would be a great addition to your podcast.
Thanks for the suggestion. What is Julie’s Twitter handle?