JANE SILVERSIDES is a primary classroom and dance teacher at White Rock Elementary School in White Rock, British Columbia, Canada.
In this interview, Jane fills us in on what’s special about second graders, recalls a funny story from her early days in the classroom, and shares about what’s igniting her passion in education today. She also answers the question of “If you weren’t in education, what would you be doing?” and gives us great recommendations for a Twitter account to follow and a book to check out.
Follow Jane on Twitter at @janeteacher2.
In this episode, Jane discusses …
- 1:11 – her current teaching assignment
- 2:07 – a challenging experience early in her career
- 4:10 – her passion for portfolios on FreshGrade
- 5:57 – a Twitter recommendation (Antonio Vendramin)
- 7:10 – what she would do if she wasn’t teaching
- 8:39 – a personal habit that contributes to her success
- 10:20 – an edtech tool that works well in her classroom
- 11:40 – a book recommendation (Mindset, by Carol Dweck)
- 14:49 – a YouTube channel recommendation (TED Talks)
- 15:37 – the best ways to follow her online
Song Track Credits
- Intro: Relax (by Simon More)
- Outtro: Starley – Call on Me Remix (by DJ Zhorik)
LISTEN to this episode on YouTube and SUBSCRIBE for more episodes!