LINDSEY DANHOFF is a first grade teacher (soon to be third grade) at Evening Street Elementary School in Worthington, Ohio.
Lindsey shares about the challenges and rewards of working to change school practices, and speaks to what really ignites her passion for education: a growing emphasis on creativity and innovation. She also tells us how Harvard’s Project Zero is changing her entire mindset, and describes a 5-minute personal habit that never fails to inspire. Finally, she offers some great recommendations for a book to read, a Twitter account to follow, a Youtube account to subscribe to, and more.
In this episode, Lindsey discusses …
- 0:51 – her current teaching situation
- 1:37 – how she and her team redesigned their end of year assembly
- 4:04 – her passion to help solve the creativity crisis through innovation
- 7:15 – how Maker-Centred Learning is changing her personal mindset
- 8:47 – how spending five minutes on Twitter hashtags recharges her inspiration
- 10:10 – an innovative art teacher to follow on Twitter: @epesART
- 11:34 – an edtech tool that allows her first graders to create and collaborate well: Google Slides
- 13:28 – a book recommendation: Broadcasting Happiness by Michelle Gielan
- 15:51 – a YouTube channel to subscribe to: The Creative Classroom
- 16:43 – her Netflix favourites: documentaries
- 17:36 – the best ways to follow her online
Song Track Credits
Intro: Relax (by Simon More)
Outtro: Starley – Call on Me Remix (by DJ Zhorik)
LISTEN to this episode on YouTube and SUBSCRIBE for more episodes!