In this edition of the EDU Podcaster Summit, Tim Cavey hosts a conversation with three educational podcasters to learn more about their podcast, including their format, mission, best practices, and next pieces of content. Guests included Dr. Wesley Fryer (from The EdTech Situation Room), Barbara Bray (from Rethinking Learning), and Lainie Rowell (from Lemonade Learning).
Questions That Guided Our Conversation
- 0:47 – Who is Lainie Rowell, what is her context in education, and what is the name of her podcast?
- 2:01 – Who is Dr. Wesley Fryer, what is his context in education, and what is the name of his podcast?
- 3:03 – Who is Barbara Bray, what is her context in education, and what is the name of her podcast?
- 3:58 – What kinds of content do you publish on your podcast? Do you focus on monologues, 1:1 interviews, or multi-guest conversations like this one?
- 8:56 – What is the theme or area of focus on your podcast?
- 15:51 – How does the podcast make you a better educator?
- 24:51 – On the practical or technical side, what is one piece of equipment or podcasting gear that you would like to add next to improve your content?
- 28:02 – How do the Headliner AutoVideos work?
- 29:11 – How do the handheld Zoom recorders work?
- 37:01 – What have you got cooking? Tell us about your next episode or piece of podcast content.
- 45:50 – How can we connect with Lainie Rowell and the Lemonade Learning podcast?
- 46:33 – How can we connect with Dr. Wesley Fryer and the EdTech Situation Room podcast?
- 47:42 – How can we connect with Barbara Bray and the Rethinking Learning podcast?
Connect with These Educational Podcasters on Twitter
- 🔥 Lainie Rowell from Lemonade Learning @LainieRowell
- 🔥 Dr. Wesley Fryer from the EdTech Situation Room @WFryer
- 🔥 Barbara Bray from Rethinking Learning @BBray27
Visit These Educational Podcast Websites to Learn More
- Lemonade Learning by Lainie Rowell and Brianna Hodges
- EdTech Situation Room by Dr. Wesley Fryer and Jason Neiffer
- Rethinking Learning by Barbara Bray
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE on Saturdays
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Twitch at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time/11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!
Connect with the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Social Media
- On Twitter @TeachersOnFire
- On Instagram @TeachersOnFire
- On Facebook @TeachersOnFire
- On LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/TimWCavey
- On Medium on The Teachers on Fire Magazine
- On YouTube @TeachersOnFire