In this edition of the Roundtable, host Tim Cavey connects with five Latina superintendents who are providing bold leadership to school districts in California (and now Texas). We discussed wins during the pandemic, International Women’s Day, gender equity in education leadership, solutions to pandemic problems, self-care strategies, sources of inspiration, and more.
Select any of the timestamps listed below to jump to specific portions of the discussion. ⬇️
Questions and Timestamps from This Conversation
- 0:24 – Who are you and what is your current CONTEXT in education?
- 1:57 – Let’s honor your communities. What is one thing that you’re especially proud of in YOUR DISTRICT?
- 10:27 – This week we celebrated Int’l WOMEN’S Day. What does it mean to see more women in places of leadership in education, and what work still needs to be done?
- 21:48 – It’s been often repeated that COVID-19 has magnified the systemic INEQUITIES in education. How do you see your role in building EQUITY for all learners across your communities?
- 34:44 – What is one other CHALLENGE that you’ve had to wrestle with this year? Tell us about your learning in this area.
- 37:51 – We all know that the so-called WORK-LIFE BALANCE is a myth – especially during this year of additional challenge. What are some practices that you live by that keep your fire burning week after week?
- 51:02 – Who are the voices and influences that INSPIRE you on a daily or weekly basis?
- 55:23 – How can we CONNECT with you and support your work?
Follow These Education Leaders on Twitter
- Andrade, Dr. Rebeca J. @RebecaJAndrade – https://twitter.com/rebecajandrade
- Galvan, Jo Zandra @ZJGalvan – https://twitter.com/zjgalvan
- Gonzalez, Lori @LoriGonzalezEDU – https://twitter.com/LoriGonzalezEDU
- Ramsey, Dr. Angelica @AMRamsey13 – https://twitter.com/amramsey13
- Martinez-Poulin, Dr. Maria @SuptMMPoulin – https://twitter.com/SuptMMPoulin
Listen to the Audio-Only Podcast Episode on Spotify
Catch the Next Teachers on Fire Roundtable LIVE
As of this post, I’m still appearing weekly on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter at 8:00 a.m. Pacific/11:00 a.m. Eastern. I’d love to see you join us and would be happy to feature your questions and comments on the show!
Connect with the Teachers on Fire Podcast on Social Media
- On Twitter @TeachersOnFire
- On Instagram @TeachersOnFire
- On Facebook @TeachersOnFire
- On LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/TimWCavey
- On Medium on The Teachers on Fire Magazine
- On YouTube @TeachersOnFire